The spectrum of AIILSG’s work covers the following areas:
- Policy Research
- Customised Training and Capacity Building.
- Knowledge Management and Dissemination.
- Advisory Services.
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC).
- Community Based Interventions.
- Project Management.
- Training of Trainers (TOT).
- Study Visits.
- Human Resource Development (HRD).
- Preparing Audio – Visuals.
- Undertaking consultancy assignment in Fire Risk and Safety Management.
- Courses on Professional Empowerment.
Regular training course provided by the Institute serves as a guiding force for Management activities, especially in urban management and municipal Administration, which zeroes on professional empowerment.
The credit of empowering the human resources with an alumni list of over 1.5 Millions through various courses / programmes goes to AlILSG.
Training imparted for some of the courses on regular basis are:
- Public Health
- Hospital Administration
- Computer Applications
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Financial Management in Local Government
- Fire and Safety
- Disaster Management
- Management Courses (AICTE approved)
- Geographic Information System
Our spectrum encompasses a wide range of activities, right from orientation to governance.
- Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Exchange of Views, Exhibitions and Publications.
- Sharing Of Best Practices for Good Urban Governance
- Consulting, Training, Orientation to implementation of projects.
- Provides platform for general public to voice their grievances, put forth their suggestions and demand for their rights.
- Research, Training, Enriching Human Resources, Organising Regional/ National and International Conferences / Workshops and Seminars, Consultancy for various projects.
- E-Governance inputs to Local Bodies to increase efficiency.
- The Institute is managing Nagarpalika Network in association with the Ford Foundation, USA.
- Institute is co-ordinating Urban Management Programme (UMP) in South Asia on behalf of UNDP.
- Capacity building of women elected members for Good Urban Governance.
- Provides Technological Solutions and Training for Urban Local Bodies.