AIILSG Library Mission
Mission of AIILSG library is to help to build knowledge lighthouse for Local Governance. It is providing value added Library services through acquisition, organization and dissemination of knowledge resources to facilitate research work in Local Governance and other subjects.
The AIILSG Library came into existence in the year 1926. The AIILSG Library is one of the major treasure-house for Local-Self Government books in India. The library has in stock about 31,468 books, 3,139 journal’s bound volumes and 199 CDs, 52 Video Films etc. Library subscribes to over 62 journals and magazines. Library receives 14 daily Newspapers.
The AIILSG library has premium collection of books & periodicals on Local Self-Government; It also has finest collection of books on Solid Waste Management, Disaster Management, Environmental Management, Urban Development, Women Empowerment, Urban Poverty, Sanitation, Rural development, Panchayati raj, Public administration etc. The library has a vast collection of Government reports, Acts along with the Institutes’ own publications .
The library membership is open to all Students, Faculty and the staff of the Institute. Visitors or Outsiders who desire to refer to the books in the library are permitted only after producing an introduction letter from the concerned organization / Institute to which they belong to for the study or research purpose for a nominal fee of Rs. 10/- per day.
Library users are students of various courses conducted by the AIILSG viz. PGDMLT, BscMLT, LSGD, Bsc.FST., S.I. etc, Staff members, and Research officers. Visitors of the library include research students from Mumbai University and other Universities and professionals from all over India. Reference service is provided to various Government organization and NGOs, and other private institutes.
- Book Arrangement: The Library follows Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) System for classification of books. The library follows closed access system for reference of books for the library users.The entire collection in the Library is arranged in three sections i.e. Subject specific book collection, Reference Books and General reading books.
- Stack Room :Here the collection of the Library is preserved. The books are arranged subject wise. The Dewey decimal classification number is assigned to each book.
- Reading Area:The reading room of the Library is spacious and well furnished. In the same room Journals and Magazines are displayed along with the New Books Arrival
The Institute publishes five periodicals namely:
- Local Government Quarterly
- Sthanik Swarajya (Gujarati)
- The Urban World
- Urban Environ Vision
- Urban Update
Library Timing :
Monday –Saturday: 10.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Library will be closed on 2nd and 4th Saturday, Sundays and public holidays.
|All India Institute of Local Self-Government,
M. N. Roy Human Development Campus,
Plot No. 6, ’F’ Block, Behind Teacher’s Colony,
T.P.S. Road No.12, Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051
Tel. : +91-22-26571713, 26571714, 26571715 (Ext: 225, 226)
Fax : +91-22-26572115
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Website : www.aiilsg.org
Mrs. Purnima Rakesh Pathak
(B.A., M. Lib. Sci., M. Phil)